COVID-19 (Coronavirus-2019) VLAC/AVVS Updates:
With the growing threat of COVID-19, our main priority is the health and safety or our clients and employees while continuing to provide exceptional veterinary care to our patients. VLAC and AVVS are well prepared and, at this time, will continue to operate normally for routine and emergency appointments. We will keep you informed of any changes via our websites and Facebook pages.
As of 4/2/2020 Govornor Scott declared a state of emergency. With this Executive Order, we are asked to only provide essential care and to postpone any non-essential care. We believe that annual vaccinations and care are considered essential in keeping our horse and donkey population healthy and happy. So please, if you have not already, give our clinic a call or email our office to set up your spring appointment today!
Here are the UPDATED measures we are taking and what we are asking of our clients to help aid in the prevention of COVID-19, along with general practices that we have implemented as practice standard:
- We are STRONGLY suggesting not having anyone in the barn during appointments. If you would like to be there, or an employee is at the barn, we request that you/they wait in your/their car, in the tack room, or a minimum of 6 feet away at ALL times. We will call clients upon arrival to go over questions, concerns and confirm procedures done at appointments. This also includes barn owners and managers.
- If you are needed at the appointment or are ask to assist, we are requiring not only our staff but our clients to wear face masks.
- If any employee is feeling ill, we have asked that they stay home and quarantine themselves based on the recommendations of their personal Physician.
- If any client is feeling ill please either, make arrangements to have another person at the appointment or reschedule the appointment.
- Non-essential procedures, where the client and veterinarian deem reasonable, will be postponed. This is to help reduce the risk of our exposure and the exposure that we could bring to our clients. (This will be case to case, depending on the situation at hand.)
- We are implementing the no contact rule. We will not be able to handshake while at appointments to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Between each interaction with a client, our employees will use hand sanitizer. At the end of each appointment, we will wash our hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- If you need to pick up medication from our clinic, please CALL AHEAD and we will have the medication ready for you outside of the clinic to keep the traffic coming and going to a minimum.
We would like to remind our community that if you have any of the situations below, please have us out to asses the patient:
- Down Horse
- Respiratory Distress
For In-House cases, we will discuss our plan of action at the time of scheduling your appointment. Please, as always, be sure to CALL AHEAD if you are bringing in a patient.
Because COVID-19 is a fluid situation, our measures may change frequently. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us and we will do our best to answer or accommodate to you!
Thank you, VLAC Staff!
Welcome to Vermont Large Animal Clinic
Full Ambulatory Equine Practice with Medical and Surgical Center
Emergency? Call us right away at (802) 893-6800. For an after-hours emergency please call our emergency phone number (802) 860-8266
We offer extensive equine veterinary services in Vermont and upstate New York, for all ages, breeds, and disciplines. Our mission is to deliver caring, professional service with a large variety of diagnostic and treatment options. We take pride in offering a high level of customer service throughout our practice. We offer the peace of mind that your horses will be cared for by veterinarians who have undergone equine training. This ensures your animals will receive the highest standard of health care.
VLAC – Equine Hospital serves as a referral equine medical and surgical hospital for Vermont, New Hampshire and upstate New York. We offer a variety of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic options, including: emergency and routine equine surgery, digital radiography, ultrasound, shock wave therapy and video endoscopy. One focus of VLAC – Equine Hospital is on client education, allowing our clients to make the best and most informed decisions for their animals.
Vermont Large Animal Clinic | 802-893-6800
1054 Lake Road
Milton, VT 05468