With the growing threat of COVID-19, our main priority is the health and safety or our clients and employees while continuing to provide exceptional veterinary care to our patients. VLAC is well prepared and, at this time, will continue to operate normally for routine and emergency appointments. We will keep you informed of any changes via our websites and Facebook pages.
Here are the UPDATED measures we are taking and what we are asking of our clients to help aid in the prevention of COVID-19, along with general practices that we have implemented as practice standard:
- We are STRONGLY suggesting not having anyone in the barn during appointments. If you would like to be there, or an employee is at the barn, we request that you/they wait in your/their car, in the tack room, or a minimum of 6 feet away at ALL times. We will call clients upon arrival to go over questions, concerns and confirm procedures done at appointments. This also includes barn owners and managers.
- If you are needed at the appointment or are asked to assist, we are requiring not only our staff but our clients to wear face masks.
- If any employee is feeling ill, we have asked that they stay home and quarantine themselves based on the recommendations of their personal Physician.
- If any client is feeling ill please either, make arrangements to have another person at the appointment or reschedule the appointment.
- We are implementing the no contact rule. We will not be able to handshake while at appointments to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Between each interaction with a client, our employees will use hand sanitizer. At the end of each appointment, we will wash our hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- For In-House cases, we will discuss our plan of action at the time of scheduling your appointment. Please, as always, be sure to CALL AHEAD if you are bringing in a patient.
Because COVID-19 is a fluid situation, our measures may change frequently. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us and we will do our best to answer or accommodate to you!
Thank you, VLAC Staff!